Welcome to our website
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
1. How does PC Regedit work?
PC Regedit access Windows registry through the API developed by PC Disk Tools, Inc. It provides multiple edit modes and you can easily edit any kind of windows registry keys
2. How do I install PC Regedit if I do not have administrative privileges on my PC?
PC Regedit is a "offline" password reset tool. It works without running any version of windows.
3. I don't have any Windows XP, 2000 or NT setup CD. How do I use PC Regedit ?
You do not need any windows installtion CD. What you need is downloading a PC Regedit ISO file and burn this image on a blank CD to get a PC Regedit CD.
4. The CD boots, but it stops with a message "isolinux: Disk error 20, AX = 4200, drive EF", Why?
This is because computer can not read CD data correctly.
1. Please check the integrity of the download file.
2. Please check there are no dirty point or scar on CD before burning.
3. high speed of burning can also cause problems. Please set the speed to "4-6x" before re-burnning the ISO file.
5. I can not find any familiar string like HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT or HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, why?
PC Regedit is designed to edit registry keys by file. You should know the location of the key.
Simply, you can find the corresponding key by :
- Sam – HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SAM
- Security – HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SECURITY
- Software – HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE
- System – HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM
- Default – HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT
- Userdiff – Not associated with a hive. Used only when upgrading operating systems
or have a look at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Registry for more informations.